Momentum in MRX: Industry Trends, True Culture and Flexible Careers
31 May, 6-8PM
Direction First 5/241 Castlereagh St, Sydney NSW 2000
Join us for an evening of networking, nibbles and discussions on the topics of industry trends, culture and career in MRX!
· Jumping Over Hurdles – becoming a leader in a work force of unconscious bias
· Nine to Thrive – the ‘typical working week’ is changing, how can you get the flexibility and lifestyle you need to really thrive in your career?
We’re closing the LAST SPONSORSHIPS for both events – please reach out to Jo Brockhurst, our Sydney Event Lead, if you’re interested in supporting this years event(s), great sponsorship packages and benefits are available!
Best Life Design
Do you fundamentally believe that you shouldn’t feel as though you have to choose between your career and your family? That it should be possible to build a more purposeful life plan that enables you to achieve success in both aspects of life? If that’s the case, that belief is all you need to get started.
A natural curiosity to explore your life choices and an openness to apply some thinking to how you show up in life – based on the experiences of others in the same shoes – are the keys to developing your own Best Life Design. Join us for a workshop led by author, Gill McLaren, who will talk about her own corporate leadership journey. She will share how she embarked on a mission to take strategic and business planning approaches and apply them to the most important plan you will ever write: your own Life Plan.
Statistically Significant – Running life your way
We’ve never been busier and quite often we find ourselves on the ‘hamster wheel of life’, yet we want to be calm, relaxed, resilient, vital, confident and, most of all, happy. Following suit with last year’s event on becoming a ‘Chief Life Officer’, this year we will learn self-awareness and supportive actions for a sense of ease and well-being. Join us for a workshop led by mindfulness facilitator, Clarissa Hughes, on topics including:
- Knowing your drainers and sustainers – how to avoid exhaustion and being overwhelmed
- Learning to pace – breaking the cycle of doing too much and crashing as a consequence
- Staying flexible – learning about our tendencies to either resist or feel overwhelmed by things we don’t like
- The power of the breath – how we can use breath consciously to de-stress